New & Used Tires
Blackstone Complete Automotive Repair has served clients in and around Daytona Beach, FL, for several years now. We only sell good-quality tires that will stand the test of time and can sustain a good amount of wear.
When Do You Need to Replace Used or New Tires?Tires are always in contact with the road and experience a great deal of friction. They eventually become too worn down to provide a proper grip on the road, which can be a safety risk. Here are some signs that indicate your need car tire replacement:
- When you buy new tires, they will last well for around 5 years, after which they need annual inspection by an experienced professional.
- Tire companies recommend replacing them after 10 years for better safety. This should be done even if they look to be in a good enough condition to drive.
- Always make note of the tire manufacture date so you know when you need to replace it.
- If the tire tread is less than 1.5mm in depth, you will need to replace it. The tire is just too worn down to be safe.
- Check the sidewall for damage and replace used tires if there’s visible damage.
- Make sure the tread diameter doesn’t exceed 6mm.
You should also check for uneven tread wear, shallow tread, damaged valve caps, and other damaged areas. Experienced drivers should also pay attention to the feel of the tires when they drive.
Should You Use New or Old Tires?Tires can be quite expensive and replacing them can strain your budget. Fortunately, you have the option to choose between new and old tires. Here is a look at the pros and cons of new and old tires:
- Gently Used Tires – These tires have only a small amount of wear and don’t have any major defects. That makes them an ideal option for people on a budget. You can still get a couple of years of use from them, if not more. However, it is important to be careful when you buy used tires. They might have some defects that will put your wellbeing at risk. We check every cheap used tire carefully to make sure it is safe to use.
- Brand New Tires – New tires are safer than used tires. They don’t have any wear and tear, which means they can last for a longer time. However, they can cost more than regular used tires. When you buy new tires, you end up paying less in the long run because you don’t need to replace them as often.
If you want to know more about our new and used tires, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Blackstone Complete Automotive Repair. You can use our contact form or call 386 947 7644.