At Blackstone Complete Automotive Repair, we have the skill and equipment needed to carry out thorough assessment and repair of the electrical system. We have serviced and maintained many car electrical systems in Daytona Beach, FL, and are very familiar with the process.
What Is Included In The Car’s Electrical System?The electrical system includes many small and big parts, but some of the most important components of the system are:
- Battery – The battery provides the power needed to kickstart an engine, which is why it is an essential component of the electrical system. It provides power to the fuel and ignition system. Without it, there’s no combustion and no movement.
- Starter – The starter gets the engine moving. The battery will supply the amount needed for the starter motor to run, which powers the crankshaft and gets the engine pistons moving. If the starter fails, your engine won’t run.
- Alternator – The alternator works when the engine is running and doesn’t need battery power. It keeps the battery charged and the vehicle electrical system functioning. If the alternator fails or is malfunctioning, your car won’t last long and will experience frequent problems.
Our technicians will check every component carefully to ensure the electrical system works well. If there’s a malfunction, they’ll carry out the required repairs and servicing.
About Car Electrical System ProblemsWe’re a licensed and certified company equipped to handle all kinds of electrical problems in cars. Here are some facts you need to know about this system:
- The electrical system can become damaged during extreme weather conditions.
- Regular short trips can also cause problems in the electrical system.
- A bad ignition switch will cause battery drain because it creates a parasitic load.
- If your car doesn’t start at the first try, it is a sign of a poor starter relay. You should bring the vehicle in for repairs if you experience this.
- A bad starter can cause other electrical system problems. It will cause trouble to the alternator and may affect engine performance as well.
- If your vehicle makes an odd clicking sound when you turn the key, it is a sign of electrical system problems. This sound usually happens when there’s a failing or discharged battery in the system.
- A grinding sound is also an indication of a failing starter or a malfunctioning flywheel ring gear.
If you experience any problems while starting an engine, get your electrical system assessment done by a professional. For more information about our car electrical system services, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Blackstone Complete Automotive Repair. You can use our contact form or call 386 947 7644.